Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shopping for Hardware

I'm headed out soon to shop for hardware for the exterior doors! I can't believe it's time to get those hung...Ronnie's going to pick up the doors from our house today. So I've got to go find some hinges like the one pictured (the only original piece left on all three doors). Lowe's won't have anything like this, but I'm going to pick up some new ones close to this size just in case. Then hopefully Anna will have some at Architectural Exchange...she opens at 11:00. If I have luck there, then we'll just return the others to Lowes.

I've also got to find deadbolts that'll fit a thinner 1 1/4" door. The doors still have their mortise locks inside...but need knobs which Anna should have. The deadbolts will be added for a secure close. Of course I'll be browsing Victorian plates too! I'm pretty sure they're missing on one or two of them.

Somehow I've GOT to find time today to post more pics and update the progress. It's simply AMAZING to see how much has happened in less than three weeks!...hint...windows are in!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment