Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Major Progress: Week 1

Ronnie (of Ronnie Bull Construction - our general contractor) got started the 3rd week in January.  We were all thankful for the mild temperatures this winter, but the rain was out of control for a little while.  The mud around the house was a ridiculous mess, but the guys worked through it.

During this first week, they added more block to continue the foundation around under the downstairs bathroom as well as one more level higher on the living room/dining room side so the siding wouldn't be so close to the ground. The carpentry crew worked on framing the openings for the windows, added walls for closets, and also opened the floor in the upstairs hallway where the stairs will be.

On my second visit that week (can't believe I didn't have my camera!!!), I walked up to the back of the house to go upstairs and was shocked to see the old deck stairs gone.  I asked the carpentry guys, who were on lunch break, how I was supposed to get upstairs - because there was no way I was climbing a ladder in all that mud.  They hollered back to just go up the stairs inside.  What?!?...an interior staircase?!?...we'd only been using the staircases outside for the past year since there was nothing to connect the two floors inside.  I was shocked and so excited that they had completed that already!!



Seeing the hole in the ceiling for the staircase for the first time!
The hole in the floor of the upstairs hallway where the stairs will be
Master Bedroom
Front Bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment