Saturday, June 30, 2012

Exterior Paint

If there was an award for the worst blogger, surely I'd receive it.  It's now two months later and I'm finally posting an update.  Back in early May our painting contractor finished up the exterior, and we are so pleased with the outcome!









These colors were chosen by yours truly off the historic palette from Benjamin Moore.
The body is Wedgewood Gray,
the trim is White Dove, 
and the accent color on the doors, window sashes, and foundation is Kendall Charcoal.  
I love, love, LOVE that gray...would have painted the body that color if I would have let myself.  But there's a couple other recent renovations in the neighborhood that do have a similar gray, so we went another direction.  

A fourth color, Woodlawn Blue, was added to the porch ceilings; and that just makes it perfect! 
That wrap around porch is probably my favorite place now...such a relaxing spot especially with those calm, refreshing colors.  

To appreciate what a transformation this is, don't forget to go back and look at the before pictures to see how ugly it was and the in process pictures to see how bad it got before we arrived at this beautiful stage.

3 comments:

  1. Totally amazing!!! Beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just speechless after visiting this beautiful work of Exterior Painting work. The color selection is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete